Yesterday was my first Mother's Day! It was a good one at that because Owen gave me 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep! Best mother's day gift. It's truly something special to be responsible for another person's life. We are responsible for the way he turns out, who he becomes is partially our responsibility and what he does with his life is shaped by what we teach him. It's definately a gift that we were given. Owen was and is a constant surprise, even from the very beginning. He surprises me when he looks up at you and smiles, even though I know its gas, when he recognizes our voices even from the delivery room, and when he's studying you you know he's wondering who is this crazy lady and why am I here. Mother's Day was uneventful and that was just the way I wanted it. Mom and Dad made dinner and Owen had his first visit to the Grandparent's house. I think he liked it? Mom & Dad were joking that in about 8 years Dad will have someone to help him put the dock in and clean out the muck from the lake bed. Can't wait...
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Leave it to SPB, always thinking about what work can be accomplished...
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had the Mother's Day that you wanted. Owen is lucky to have two grandmothers nearby to visit, as well! Give him lots of kisses for me. You will get more sleep again, I promise :-)
ReplyDeleteJoanna