Thursday, September 24, 2009

Week 21





















Ok OKAY already. So I haven't been the best at updating things lately. Trying to find the hours in the day is hard - especially when you're tired and just want to veg on the couch. Owen has been going to daycare now for 3 weeks and we're finally settling in I think. He's beginning to take longer naps there, and is nothing but smiles for her. Now if he'd just stop pooping out outfits - we'd be all set. When I pick him up he's smiling, laughing, and happy go lucky. I'm now back in the swing of things. It's like I never left - but like I don't want to come back. The problems still stay the same, somethings I'll never be able to change, like how parents treat their kids, how they don't really care what's going on in school, and how the kids don't care about their future, they just care about the here and now. It's sad sometimes when I see kids so obviously screaming for attention because they just don't get it when they leave the building. I know that Owen will never not have our full attention, that I will always be up to date and interested in his education, and that he'll have the best education that we can possibly give him. I digress...Owen got his first sinusy cold this past week. It was sad to listen to him attempt to cry - very froggy. So he was stuffed up and congested, as we all were. On Saturday we bundled him up and we went to the Jordan Fall Fest, we didn't stay long - but it was getting outside. FaFa Holly came home and over on Sunday to play. I think she definately enjoyed seeing Owen - she scooped him up immediately. Owen is beginning to sleep in longer spurts, knocking on hard wooden desk right now. He goes in about 3 - 5 hour spurts, which has been very pleasant. I don't know how it happened - it just did. Again - knocking on wood. We're starting oatmeal cereal and trying it nice and slow. We're giving him gripe water afterwards just to prevent any gas or upset tummy. Owen can touch his toes now and loves to put his whole fist in his mouth. Very entertaining to watch him try to shove it all in at once. Afternoons are the best - because I rush home with him sleeping in the backseat in order to wake him up and spend time cuddling him. Nah - I'm not a goner!

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

    I love the look of utter shock on his face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha Kate I was thinking the same thing... ps man I gotsta say I was having a good hair day Woot Woot

    ps I see london i see france i see da baby's underpants

    ReplyDelete