Really - I'm sorry - It's summertime. School ended and not soon enough. Owen and I have been having a good summer enjoying each other's company. We got together with The Weldon's for our annual get together. Too bad baby Connor slept through the whole afternoon. We got toghether with my friend from college and her daughter Slyvie that's 2 months younger than Owen. She was too cute - and they were too cute together. We have had a playdate with Nando and got to play outside on his slide. We had Anthony, Angel, and Alex over to find out that they are expecting again, and Owen had a blast playing and following Alex around. It was great to watch him interact with him. He's been busy teething and had another ear infection, along with WALKING. He's traveling all over everything and getting into everything to boot. He's beginning to make sounds that are his words. Sounds that wouldn't sound like anything that might be a normal word - but to him - he knows what they mean. He's signing more and more, and he's begun to make noises that sounds like singing to his tunes in the car. He's a fan of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, as well as Handy Manny and can dance the hot dog dance - it's funny to watch when his daddy dances too. He went for his 15 mos appt this week and he weighs 26 lbs and is 32 in long. He's finally slowed down in the growing area - not height wise though. He enjoys being nosy and anytime someone drives by - or he just feels like it - he pulls the curtains back and stares out the windows. We just got back from a family vacation to NH where we went to Kellerhaus, HUGE icecream sundaes, Weirs Beach where we played in the sand, Portland ME where we walked around and went to the Longfellow house, and then there was the drive back! Let's just say lunch and up and down mountains didn't agree with Owen! As August is fastly approaching we have lots planned. We are planning on many more playdates with friends, a trip to the zoo, Sunflower maze, Strong Museum of Play, and a couple more trips to the park. I am enjoying my time off and have rarely thought about school. That's the way its supposed to be. The garden has seen its better days - thanks to the gopher that frequents our fenced in backyard. Thankfully they don't like eggplant, peppers, or tomatoes. The rest - gone to the roots. There has been lots that I wanted to do this summer and haven't gotten a lot of things done - finding the time to do things has been hard considering all I would like to do is play. I've decided that the house can just stay dirty - as soon as it gets clean its dirty again. And I'd rather enjoy the summer and forget about the dust. I have painted the back porch and thankfully Owen's daycare has been open for me to bring him over once a week for the day - he gets to see the kids and I get to paint.
Friday, July 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
THANK YOU!
ReplyDelete